Off-Campus Services for Distance Education Users
Contact your Distance Education Librarian
Evening Office Hours: Mondays
Access to Journal Articles and Databases
Use of your student ID barcode number is necessary to access the library's many online databases off campus. It is located on the back of your student ID. For off-campus access to the library's research databases, you will need to type in your barcode number when prompted on the screen. Do not type in any letters, just numbers. View a short instructional video on logging in for remote access.
If you do not have a barcode, or are having trouble logging in, contact Kathy Manning
Borrow Books by Mail/Shipping Service
Books from Bailey Library and books ordered through Interlibrary Loan will be sent at no charge by book-rate to SRU students enrolled in distributed education classes. To request a book, fill out the Interlibrary Loan form or contact Rita McClelland (724-738-2580.) Please indicate in the Note Field that you are enrolled in a distributed education class and would like the book mailed to you. It is the responsibility of the student to mail the books back to Bailey Library by the due date.
Request Photocopies of Articles
Photocopies of articles not found full-text in our research databases may be obtained through Interlibrary Loan by filling out the Interlibrary Loan form.
- Open up SRU web page (http://www.sru.edu)
- Scroll down to "My Rock 1 Stop" and click that page.
- Click onto "RockTalk" on the upper right hand corner.
- The page will open up onto the Welcome page; click the "Student Login" box.
- Put your social security number and pin number into the boxes provided. If you have never been to RockTalk before, leave the pin number box blank.
- This will open up into the Main Menu. Select "Student Account and Financial Aid."
- Above the financial balance of your account, there is a line of access codes. This is where you will find your library code.